Sunday, August 1, 2010

Asa-do's and don'ts


So last night was my first experience cooking with an asado grill. While delicious, I have to overcome a few cultural differences in grilling. Apparently, asado is all about patience - American grilling is all about ruthless, massive-plume-of-fire efficiency. I'm getting used to different ideas of coal management but the outcome was delicious. In truth, I only marginally helped, but next time I hope to take a more active role in the grill experience. Oh...and Chorizo rules.



1 comment:

  1. When in Rome, Chris. Looks like some really tasty meat in the pictures. I bet by the time you come back you'll be completely sold on slow food, or, as you say: "different ideas of coal management." (Ha ha, you could be a white house press secretary with a phrases like that.) P.S. Don't let Lovell tell you what is in chorizo; stay with me in the realm of blissful (and tasty) ignorance.

    ReplyDelete